Long gone are the days when the backyard was viewed as an afterthought or simply an extra space. In fact, with three-quarters of Americans reporting backyard time as essential, it’s clear backyards have truly become an extension of the home. Whether your home goes on the market soon or you’re creating a space to make memories for years to come, stretch the comfort of the indoors all the way to the edge of your backyard by noting some of these landscaping ideas.
Know the Value of Landscape DesignLandscaping consistently tops realtors’ lists of smartest home improvements. Crafting the perfect landscape design and finding landscapers may feel time consuming, but know that it’s time well spent. Not only will well-planned landscaping ideas increase your home’s livable space, but they will also increase your resale value by 14%!
Create the LayoutStart the design process by reshaping the way you view your outdoor space; by thinking of it like the rooms of a home, you’ll quickly transform your yard. Envision each section as having a purpose and bringing a different option for relaxation, entertainment, etc. Consider the following:
- If you have a sloping yard, create a functional focal point with a retaining wall. The benefits of this landscaping idea are endless: enhanced privacy for entertainment areas, a spotlight opportunity for your love of gardening, and even erosion prevention and better water drainage. The addition of a retaining wall is a beautiful way to enhance the overall appearance of your backyard. (Note: call in the pros for this landscape upgrade, as pressure and weight of soil on the wall are factors which will need an expert’s eye).
- Nothing brings comfort and luxury to your backyard better than an outdoor kitchen. A fireplace, grilling station, and custom fire pit are eye-catching ways to extend entertainment possibilities well beyond the backdoor and make your home the go-to place for relaxation and fun.
- Finally, just as each family member has their favorite space inside your home, consider what outdoor relaxation and fun could look like on an individual level. If your spouse weighed in with landscaping ideas, would there be a spot for vegetable gardening? If the kids offered suggestions, would there be a play space just for them? Not every wish can be granted, and the goal certainly isn’t to fill every inch of space, but the consideration of each family member will help you view the backyard as a continuation of your home and all it offers you as a family.
Be FlexibleKeep in mind, the spaces you create won’t be hard and fast boundaries you must keep. Just like you have more than one room in which you relax indoors, so too will you be able to blur the lines in the backyard. This concept of outdoor “rooms” just gives you a jumping off point. With this vision as your guide, your backyard remodel will have direction and purpose. You’ll be ready to relish your beautiful gathering space with the ones you love in no time.
AC installation has many benefits. A unit will keep you cool and comfortable during those hot summer months. You’ll find yourself less stressed, knowing that the temperature in your home is regulated. You’ll also sleep better, reduce your risk of dehydration, and find fewer insects crawling around your place—after all, they love hot and humid conditions. Hiring a pro to install your air conditioner also takes the guesswork out of the setup process. So you can reap the benefits without stressing over the mechanical details, especially if you don’t consider yourself too handy around the house.
So it’s installed, now what?Now, all you have to do is understand what common problems and dangers to avoid so your unit can last as long as possible without any risks of failure. Here are a few to note.
Not maintaining your HVAC system can lead to leakingWhat exactly does maintenance include? Once your AC installation is complete, make sure to follow these precautions. When maintained properly, an HVAC unit can last a total of 12 years.
- Change the air filters often
- Cover your unit during the winter months
- Condensate your unit’s drain channels
- Clean the coils
Fire HazardsYour AC unit has the potential to start a dangerous fire in your home if it overheats. To prevent this terrifying possibility, follow the maintenance tips above and avoid using extension cords near your air conditioner.
These problems can waste energy and moneyNot all AC installation related issues result in life and death situations. But here are a few, that if not adhered to, can still cost you a pretty penny. If you like to leave your windows and backdoor opened on a breezy spring morning, you’re unfortunately going to have to cut that habit. All the cool air is no longer circulating within the walls of your home when there’s an open source. The cool air leaves and the hot temperature rushes in. Another common mistake you can make is buying a unit that does not suit the size requirements of your home. If you purchase one that’s too small, it will not properly cool the area. On the other hand, if you go with a unit that is too large for the size of your living space, it will not cycle properly.
Hire an HVAC contractor you can trustMany people make the mistake of not hiring a qualified HVAC contractor. If you’re unsure of how to install your new unit, call the experts for your ac installation needs. You’ll know that they are qualified if they possess:
- all of their current licenses and certifications
- proof of insurance
- a list of valuable services
- positive recommendations online or by word of mouth
ConclusionNow you are aware of the potential dangers and problems you can stumble across before, during, and after the ac installation process. These mistakes can have dire consequences, so make sure to upkeep your unit and call a trusted AC contractor when you have questions and need an extra hand.
As a property owner, you have the right to pick your lock. It is your house, which means that you can do anything you want. However, most people don’t have a lock pick kit, which means that they cannot pick their locks. Having a locksmith tool kit and lock picking skills is very useful for you as a property owner. Statistics indicate that the locksmith industry has grown by 2% in the last few years. This means that something necessary is forcing people to pick locks. Lock pick kits could save you from a crisis by helping you gauge the level of security for better protection of your property. But how do you choose lock pick training kits?